Town of Cochrane Animal Services
Animal Services supports the Cochrane & Area Humane Society and encourages responsible pet ownership. Bylaws are in place to deter the owners of cats and dogs from allowing their pets to become a nuisance in the community.
As a responsible pet owner, you should be familiar with the Town of Cochrane Bylaw 11/2005.
- Dogs need to be leashed and under control at all times
- Dogs cannot bark, howl or otherwise cause nuisance
- Clean up after your dog
- Purchase a Town of Cochrane license annually
- Cats cannot run at large and cause nuisance
The Town of Cochrane Bylaw No. 11/2005 requires that all dogs within the town be licensed annually.
The owner of an animal or vicious dog shall annually purchase an animal license for each animal owned by him at the annual fee on or before:
- January 31st, or
- Thirty (30) days following the animal having attained three(3) months of age; or
- Thirty (30) days after the owner becomes owner of the animal, whichever date is the later.
For further information contact Animal Services at (403) 851-2272.