If you believe one of these animals is your lost pet, please contact the Cochrane & Area Humane Society at 403-932-2072.
- You will need to present photo identification to reclaim your animal, as well as proof of ownership.
- You may reclaim your animal during our open hours.
- We will charge a daily care fee in addition to any county-imposed impound fees.
- If your animal required veterinary attention, additional charges will be included in your fee.
For any questions, please contact us at 403-932-2072.
Have you lost a pet?
- Talk with neighbours in the area and ask them to check garages, under decks, around sheds and greenhouses, etc.
- If your pet was lost within the Town of Cochrane, call Cochrane Animal Services at 403-851-2532 to file a lost pet report.
- If your pet was lost outside of the Town of Cochrane, contact animal shelters in the area, including the Cochrane & Area Humane Society. You should also contact the animal services department of the County or Municipal District in which you reside.
- Put up posters in your neighbourhood and deliver flyers door to door with a description of your pet.
- Post on lost-and-found Facebook pages like YYC Pet Recovery or Cochrane Alberta Lost & Found Pets
- Don’t give up! Lost pets have been returned to their owners months and even years after separation.
Have you found a pet?
Check the animal’s tag for owner details or license information, which will have a contact number for the appropriate animal services department. If a pet was found within the Town of Cochrane, contact Cochrane Animal Services at 403-851-2532.
If a pet was found outside of the Town of Cochrane, contact the animal services department of the County or Municipal District in which it was found:
- Airdrie: 403-768-0274
- Rocky View County: 403-230-1401
- MD of Bighorn: 403-673-3611
- Mountain View County: 403-335-3311
- MD of Foothills: 403-652-2341 or 403-931-1905
- Stoney Nakoda Area: 403-881-3770*
*Please note that the majority of pets seen off-leash in the community and surrounding areas are owned and cared for—leave them where they are so they can return home.
You can also post found animals on Facebook Pages like YYC Pet Recovery or Cochrane Alberta Lost & Found Pets. If the animal is injured or in need of medical attention, please take them to a vet clinic for medical assistance.
For further assistance regarding a pet you have found, call us at 403-932-2072. We are only able to accept animals in emergency situations and if space allows. If you have found a pet outside of our business hours, please keep the animal in a safe space in your home or garage until we are open. The animal can also be dropped off at any 24-hour vet clinic in Calgary.