Youths aged 13–15 can volunteer as part of the Humane Helpers program while accompanied by a participating parent or guardian over 18. Help the animals by completing a variety of important shelter duties, learn about responsible pet ownership and the humane treatment of animals, and experience a meaningful opportunity to work with shelter animals in need.
If you have any questions about the Humane Helper program, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cats: Grooming, socializing, making toys, cleaning litter boxes, feeding, folding clean bedding/towels, etc.
- Dogs: Walking, socializing puppies, grooming, filling KONGS, washing pet dishes, cleaning/tidying kennels, etc.
- Fundraising: Occasionally sorting books for the book sale, assisting at open houses/Christmas parties, stuffing envelopes, etc.
We ask all of our Humane Helper volunteers to meet the following requirements:
- Be aged 13–15 (teens 16+ can volunteer during this program or at any other time)
- Be accompanied by a parent or guardian while volunteering if aged 13–15
- Complete both the teen and parent/guardians application forms:
Individual (16+) and Parents/Guardians Application
Humane Helpers Application – ages 13-15
- Complete additional training sessions as needed
Looking for ways to volunteer at a younger age? By attending our shelter events, families can play a big role in raising funds and promoting the shelter at the same time.